Re: [Nmh-workers] mhshow display bug

2014-07-21 23:59:24
Bill Wohler writes:
Paul Fox <pgf(_at_)foxharp(_dot_)boston(_dot_)ma(_dot_)us> writes:

i currently have this in my mh_profile:
 mhshow-charset-iso-8859-1: %s | /usr/bin/iconv -f ISO-8859-1 -t UTF-8 | le
ss

I used to have the same line in my profile but have not needed it since 1.6.

I've been seeing iconv a few times, and so I looked it up. Very cool.

In the iconv command, you can append a //TRANSLIT to the target encoding
to try to substitute some reasonable characters for characters that are
not recognized there.

Note that //TRANSLIT is a GNU extension, and is not necessarily available
in a POSIX-conforming iconv.

--
Anthony J. Bentley