Re: [Nmh-workers] I need to learn more about MIME

2014-09-12 12:55:27
norm(_at_)dad(_dot_)org writes:
Is it true that, that possibly apart from mhbuild, the nmh user does not have
explicit control of the content type of a message? Based on my
experimentation, nmh must have a fairly complex heuristic for determining
content type. For example, I attached a file named "Chart.pj", That is, a file
whose suffix was not .java. But human intelligence reveals it to be a Java
source file. But nmh knew it was a java file; nmh set:

Is there any documentation of that heuristic, maybe in source code comments?

My memory on this is really fuzzy, but I think that if you use the attach
stuff it uses the file command to get the file type.

Jon