Re: [Nmh-workers] I need to learn more about MIME

2014-09-12 13:12:49
Jon Steinhart <jon(_at_)fourwinds(_dot_)com> writes:
norm(_at_)dad(_dot_)org writes:
Is it true that, that possibly apart from mhbuild, the nmh user does not have
explicit control of the content type of a message? Based on my
experimentation, nmh must have a fairly complex heuristic for determining
content type. For example, I attached a file named "Chart.pj", That is, a
file
whose suffix was not .java. But human intelligence reveals it to be a Java
source file. But nmh knew it was a java file; nmh set:

Is there any documentation of that heuristic, maybe in source code comments?

My memory on this is really fuzzy, but I think that if you use the attach
stuff it uses the file command to get the file type.

The file command, here, thinks that Java source files are
"Perl5 module source text".

    Norman Shapiro