Re: [Nmh-workers] date math

2014-12-15 14:40:12
Robert Elz writes:

You might care about both - the "how long ago was it sent" type of use
needs local, the "please reply before 7pm", or "I need a reply business hours
today" type of use needs the sender's timezone (and perhaps the local one
as well).

Now you're comparing content to metadata.

The fact that I need to know, or should know, or do know, that the
sender is in British Summer Time, has no relation to my computer
noting that "this email was sent to you at 13:30 local time."

I (for one) use content and metadata differently, and I would want them
to be handled and processed differently.

--hymie!    http://lactose.homelinux.net/~hymie
hymie(_at_)lactose(_dot_)homelinux(_dot_)net