Re: [Nmh-workers] mh-format multiply function

2015-01-10 17:22:06
Norm wrote:

Ken writes:

Secondly, when a mh-format program is run, it _cannot_ fail;
literally, there's no facility for it to fail.  When it gets
compiled, yes, that can fail.  But return an error code?  We don't
really have a good way in mh-format to deal with this.  I think it
might be too much.

I would be content to just ignore the exit status.

I don't think that's a good idea.

I just committed the multiply function.  It was trivial.

My feeling about mh-format is that we shouldn't invest much
more effort in it.  If there's a need for more capability,
it should be tossed in favor something else, ideally
something that already exists.  But I share Ken's "Why
bother?" at this point.

David