perl-unicode

Re: [Encode] new README.cjk available

2002-04-22 17:40:22
On Sunday, April 21, 2002, at 11:38 , Shigeki Moro wrote:
I think "ディーヴァナガーリ" should be "デーヴァナーガリー".

I'm sorry that was too short. This is a correction for /00README.jp/.

First my apology for slow response; I was too focused on Encode-PerlIO issue. Now that solved, let's tackle this one.

For those unable to read ISO-2022-JP part, this is about how to "Katakanize" foreign words; for "Devanagari", I spelled "Dee-va-na-gaa-ri" and Shigeki-san says "Day-ba-na-ga-ree" is canonical. I tend to spell it too English-like but I do agree Shigeki-san's version is more canonical. So it will be fixed.

Autrijus, Jungshik, is there more README.cjk updates?

Dan the Encode Maintainer

P.S. After all these years I still have troubles with Katakanized words. I kept saying "vector" when I had to say "be-ku-to-ru" :)