Re: pronunciation

1996-08-27 17:51:46
"Richard D. Sheffar" <rick(_at_)muskoka(_dot_)net> wrote:
On Tue, 27 Aug 1996, Brandon Zylstra wrote:
how does one pronounce 'procmail'?

is it prok mail or pross mail?  the latter relates to the presumed source

personally I pronounce it as Pro-see-mail See as in C script.

Nah, don't be silly :-).

But what does the Author say,,,,, Eh, Steven???

Well, I didn't pull in any English pronounciation rules, but from the
start, the program really was babtised to be pronounced as:     <prokmail>
And, yes, that's despite the fact that the name actually is a contraction
of:     proc(ess )mail

Oh, BTW, it really is "Stephen", nothing else, really.
--
Sincerely,
srb(_at_)cuci(_dot_)nl

Be braver.  You cannot cross a chasm in two small jumps.