Re: setting up autoresponder/archive server

1997-08-01 23:39:00
I'm interested in running an autoresponder/archive server using procmail.
The procmail man pages weren't much of a help, and neither were some of
the FAQs I found.

It's usually found somewhere else, though you'll at times have to play
around with it.

Basically, all I want to do is have procmail respond to a message with the
subject "send filename" and send back the appropriate file.

Try this little gem below. It works...

:0 h
* !^Subject.*Re:
* ^Subject.*send filename
| (/usr/local/bin/formail -rt ; \ cat filename) \
| $SENDMAIL -oi -t

As you've noticed, it'll send the filename to the person who requested it,
in the subject. However, if they reply, like;

Subject: Re: send filename

It won't send the filename all over again.

Those of you wondering what version of procmail I'm using, it's 3.03. The
admins are considering upgrading it, but I've seen nothing yet. I'm gonna
stick around for now.

--
Homepage: http://members.iglou.com/rsg0910

Sez who that a deaf person can't have fun on the net? No ears required!

Junk emailers beware: $500 fee charged for each junk and spam ad.
  -Sending the junk email indicates acceptance of these terms.