Re: Too much emails

1997-08-21 14:05:11
Quoting Iztok Polanic (Iztok(_dot_)Polanic1(_at_)guest(_dot_)arnes(_dot_)si):
I dont know if you have alredy talked about this subject and i know that
this isn't a question about procmail progy, but i think that we should
make some sort of a news group, because this list is getting too
growded.

I'm not opposed to a newsgroups in itself, as long as no one tries to
set up a gateway to the mailing list. Then we'd get twice as much
traffic with half as much useful information. I rarely go out on USENET
anymore, since mailing lists have a much better SNR. One thing that's
essential to making good use of high-volume mailing lists is a decent
mail reader. I highly reccommend mutt, I could never keep up without it.

Dont understand me wrong, i love this maillist but what is too
much is too much. I just get from this maillist cca. 30-50 emails PER
DAY. And if i count the other maillist i get per day cca. 120-150
emails.

Hee, hee, I've gotten 1200 so far this week. I'm sure there's other
people on the list that could beat that.

And the big problem comes then, when i go to vacation or smth.

Try using procmail to delete mailing list messages while you're away if
you don't want to deal with them. Or you can set up a local mail-to-news
gateway, which would autoexpire messages if you don't read them in a
certain amount of time.

--
Michael Stone, Sysadmin, ITRI     PGP: key 1024/76556F95 from mit keyserver,
mstone(_at_)itri(_dot_)loyola(_dot_)edu            finger, or email with