Re: Error while forking formail

1998-02-25 03:56:59

 ----------
From: era eriksson
To: Klein, R.
Subject: Re: Error while forking formail
Date: Wednesday, 25. February 1998 9:59

On Wed, 25 Feb 98 09:14:00 PST, "Klein, R."
<klein(_dot_)d(_at_)yamanouchi-eu(_dot_)com> wrote:
LASTFOLDER=$MAILDIR
:0
*
        $MAILDIR

I don't know about the rest of your script, but these are all
completely superfluous and also slightly wrong. (You need locking, you
can leave out the condition line completely if you want to do things
unconditionally, and default delivery [with locking] is implicit when
no other recipes match so you don't need this. I'd even recommend you
try without any procmailrc whatsoever first, and see where that gets
you.)

procmail: Failed forking "formail"

I don't think Procmail's SHELL would play in here, but just for the
record, which shell would Procmail use?

procmail: Assigning "MAILDIR=/home/termftp/aus/ypg/a00106/KAA06606.cnm"

Where on Earth is this coming from anyway?

/* era */

 --
 Paparazzi of the Net: No matter what you do to protect your privacy,
  they'll hunt you down and spam you. <http://www.iki.fi/~era/spam/>

First of all thank you very much for your reply to my problem.

To make it a littler more clear what we try to do is we added our sales
force to the existing inhouse mail system. The sales force uses a
communication program to transfer their normal day to day data to our
office.

This communication program has to be used for transfering mail between home
office sales rep and business office at our site. Therefore we have to store
each individual mail for a salesrep in an uniqe named file. The MAILDIR
assignement. This is been made up from 2 different information by sendmail,
the users home directory ('/home/termftp/aus/ypg/a00106') and the sendmail
queue identifier for that mail added a '.cnm' (KAA06606.cnm).
Thats why I have written the above procmailrc.
This procmailrc stores each mail for a specific sales force user in that
users homedir as a unique file with the extension '.cnm'.
The second is that the communication program runs as specific user 'termftp'
and can only transfer files which it owns. Therefore procmail is not
installed suid root and it is started from within sendmail with the user-id
of that user termftp.

Hope that helped you a little bit

Thanks

Roman