Re: Can't get procmail to run from .forward file

2000-11-21 11:52:31
On Tue, Nov 21, 2000 at 10:54:21AM +0000, Chris Green wrote:
It's OK, silly me, the site must be running some non-sendmail MTA and
thus doesn't need the 'exec'.  A .forward as follows works OK:-
    "| /usr/bin/procmail -Y"

Though I missed the "exec" in both your syntax and the error message, you are,
in fact, running sendmail. Your error message specifically says "exec not
available for sendmail". Asside from the fact that it *says* sendmail, that is
a classic sendmail error message. :)

--
Andrew Edelstein                http://andrew.pure-chaos.com

"A third factor is the not uncommon attitude on the part of upper management
that because a project must be completed by a certain date, therefore it can
and will be completed by that date, and information to the contrary is not
welcome."
                                Pitfalls of Object-Oriented Development
                                Chapter 3