Re: Can't get procmail to run from .forward file

2000-11-21 14:45:41
I have to disagree with Sean on part of his advice to Andreas:

| # matched on some criteria which we will forward on.
| :0
| * ^somecriteria
| {
|          # oh damn, our loop marker is already present -- this is a mail loop.
|          # this delivers the message to a loop folder, and completes delivery
|          # right here.
|          :0:
|          loopedmail

If the message already has the user's X-Loop: header but the save to
loopedmail fails (full disk, full quota, unavailable path, whatever),
procmail will continue reading recipes, and the next two add another X-Loop:
header and then forward the message.  Therefore this next recipe needs an
`E' flag:

|          # add the loop header
|          :0fh
|          | formail -A "X-Loop: youraddr"