Field TO !! Please Help me out!

2000-11-21 14:42:35
 Hello!
 Im working in a mailing List (for my university class)for some time now.
 And i´ve a problem. Im only asking you this because I have read so many
faqs and tips that im sick of it.
 Here it goes:
 Supose someone (person X) sends a mail to the Mailing List.
 When somebody (person Y)  Replys it to the Original sender and to everyone
 else there will be a problem.
 One copy of the Replyed mail will go directly to X. And later on person X
 will recive another copy, if he is subscribed in the mailing list.
 My question is?
 How can i get field TO so that i can compare it with my file that has all
the subcribed emails. This way i could avoid sending him a mail equal to
 the one he has already received from person Y.

 When i do:

 TO= `formail -rt -xTo:`

 $TO will not be the real field To: but the field From:
 What shold i do to get the real field To:? Can you help me?

 By the way if person Y is subscribed in the mailing list, should he
 receive the mail he sent to the mailing list as everyone else receives?
Or should I avoid sendind a copy to a person that sends the a mail to the
 Mailig List?

 Thanks, and sorry to bother.

 Paulo Franco