Re: Autoresponder not working..

2000-11-27 13:34:17
At 18:00 2000-11-27 +0000, Ian Chilton elucidated thus:
Hello,

I have this in the top of my working rc file.  (got this basically from
the procmailex man page.)

:0 h c
{
              | (formail -r -I"Precedence: junk" \
                  -A"X-Loop: me(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com ; \
                 echo "Unknown User\n") | $SENDMAIL -t
        :0:
        a_mailbox_here
}

..but it seems to be ignored...

Ignored, failed, or rightly skipped?  The logfile knows.

Just for grins, perhaps you should put:
        :0c
on the line immediatley following the opening brace. That pipe to formail constitutes a delivery, so you shouldn't see anything in the a_mailbox_here file unless formail fails - or you manually copy the message.

Any ideas why this isn't working?
(I also tried taking the X-Loop and FROM_DAEMON out, with no luck).

Any idea why you haven't enabled verbose logging and examined the logs?

VERBOSE=on
LOGFILE=$MAILDIR/log

Assuming MAILDIR is set, or perhaps you're the type to chuck it in with the procmail scripts - I use PMDIR for that path. I put the log in with the mail dir because when I archive mail on a monthly basis, the log travells with the mailbox files.

Anyway. enable verbose logging and send yourself a message which is supposed to trigger it. Check this BEFORE implementing the suggested change above, then make the change, check it again, and then disable VERBOSITY:

        VERBOSE=off

(because if you get much mail, or have extensive scripts, a verbose log will get big in a hurry).

Examine the logs and see what procmail was doing. It should be an enlightening experience.

Also, how can I catch Envelope-to: *ANYUSER*(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)com ?

have you tried:

* ^Envelope-to:(_dot_)*(_at_)mydomain\(_dot_)com

 Post Box 2395 / San Rafael, CA  94912-2395