Re: config question

2001-08-21 10:21:22

(offlisted by request as well as posted to list)

At 17:59 2001-08-20 +0200, Viljo Marrandi wrote:

If mail matches this condition then it will be feeded to my perl script
which does whatever it has to do with it.

Now the question is how can i configure procmail so, that it doesn't care
if user exists or not, but just scans ^TO_ and sends mail to perl script?

If sendmail cannot identify the local user, it'll bounce the message before ever attempting local delivery -- after all, by the time it invokes the LDA, the local user must have been identified so that it can be handed to that account.

You should read up on wildcards and virtusertable (in sendmail, not procmail). The following should probably do what you're asking (which thus far is pretty vague):

        *(_at_)lists(_dot_)myserver(_dot_)net    listaccount