Re: config question

2001-08-21 11:54:37
Heyas,

Thanks for all these replies. Now this is what i did - in virtusertable i
added

@lists.myserver.net    listaccount

Just like recommended (examples were without *, so i used this way) and in
aliases file i added alias like:

listaccount   : "|/usr/bin/perl /path/to/my/script/"

This i got from a friend of mine, though it's not working for me right now
it's principle should be correct (he has working version of this :).

And thanks again :)

Viljo

| >Now the question is how can i configure procmail so, that it doesn't care
| >if user exists or not, but just scans ^TO_ and sends mail to perl script?
|
| If sendmail cannot identify the local user, it'll bounce the message before
| ever attempting local delivery -- after all, by the time it invokes the
| LDA, the local user must have been identified so that it can be handed to
| that account.
|
| You should read up on wildcards and virtusertable (in sendmail, not
| procmail).  The following should probably do what you're asking (which thus
| far is pretty vague):
|
|          *(_at_)lists(_dot_)myserver(_dot_)net    listaccount

I use simply "@lists.myserver.net" on the left side of my virtusertable
without the "*", and don't see it in my documentation. I don't know if
it's optional, has a different meaning, is correct for newer sendmail
versions than mine, or was a finger check by Sean, but check your
sendmail documentation for proper syntax if necessary.