Re: grep ^kayve: /etc/passwd

2001-08-24 00:50:31
* Kayven Riese <kayve(_at_)itsa(_dot_)ucsf(_dot_)edu> [20010824 05:40]: writing
on the subject 'Re: grep ^kayve: /etc/passwd'

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/doc_link/en_US/a_doc_lib/files/aixfiles/passwd.htm#HDRX9A1F0FRIT

| > Your password is the second field (the !). You don't see it because 1) the
| > password itself is in another file (/etc/security/password, in AIX) that is
| > readable only by root, and 2) even if it wasn't shadowed, it would still be
| > encrypted. 31860 is your UID (as well as your primary GID).
| >
| > > o consarnt let me do the math agin..
| > > Filesystem    512-blocks      Free %Used    Iused %Iused Mounted on
| > >
| > > %512 blocks.. does that mean i should have divided by two above
| > > and came to the conclusion that i am using about 15.5MBytes?
| >
| > It's telling you that the data it's showing you is in 512kilobyte size
blocks.
| > Thus yes, divide the numbers by 2 to get a rough approximation of the number
| > of MB shown. However this tells you nothing about how much disk space you
| > personally are using.
|
| hey.. i am not dumb.. if i was using freek 60Gbytes i would be nuked
| in nothun flat OBVIOUSLy.. i am using about 30 MBytes.. i am pretty
| sure.. i think i did that with ws_ftp or someting i don't remember.
| no i suppose ls -l  but i don't remember how i did my umpteen
| subdirectories.
| >
| > Kayven, I don't mean to be insulting or anything, but you
| might consider
| > picking up a copy of a basic Unix book, such as Oreilly's "Learning the UNIX
| > Operating System" ( http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/lunix4/ )
|
| i am considering it.. i know there is more to unix than ls ps -x
| that i don't know..
| but still.. i think there r some seriously OT issues
| here .
| and i don't know why it is so *#@&#*ed difficult for people to
| i don't know cripes. i don't know what to freekin say about it anymore..
| i know yer completely disintrested but somebody gave me a link to
| this aix doo dad that i plastad on http://itsa.ucsf.edu/~kayve

All these obscenities and you still expect help?
I am not the list-owner but thank God for Access Lists in MTAs - and
procmail's use of /dev/null - is all I can say.

-Wash

--
Odhiambo Washington
Wananchi Online Ltd.,

A good action is never lost; it is a treasure laid up and guarded for the
doer's need.
-Pedro Calderón de la Barca