Re: Help me understand this config

2001-10-31 12:50:21

At 13:51 2001-10-31 -0500, Tuc wrote:
Uhm, does the UNSHORTENED version work?

        All it has is more 1^0 B ?? 's.

The question wasn't was what differed about the UNSHORTENED version, but
whether the original, unmodified version worked or not.

        Sorry, I have to ASSuME it did, I had seen it a few places.

procmail: Assigning "LASTFOLDER=(/usr/local/bin/formail -r -A "Precedence:
junk
 \
-I"Subject: Your Machine is infected with the Sircam Virus"; \
cat /usr/home/wwwcust1/crazies/sircam.txt)>> /tmp/results"
procmail: Locking "/tmp/mail.lock"
procmail: Executing "(/usr/local/bin/formail -r -A "Precedence: junk" \
-I"Subject: Your Machine is infected with the Sircam Virus"; \
cat /usr/home/wwwcust1/crazies/sircam.txt)>> /tmp/results"

What about the above log tells you that the delivery isn't
occurring?

        /tmp/results doesn't exist.

While it looks like you're executing a version different than
you're sharing with us, because THIS log shows it piping to a file,
/tmp/results, it does seem to be running and not reporting any errors.

        /tmp/results isn't being created. And with the | $SENDMAIL -t
the sender doesn't get any email.

        (The variances are things I'm testing... I figured maybe sendmail
was having an issue, so I would just put it to a file. /tmp/results doesn't
exist, and isn't being created.

Have you tried viewing /tmp/results and seeing what is in it?

        Does not exist.

Would you be
surprised if it contained multiple copies of your sircam.txt as email
messages addressed to the infected users?

        I would, but since it doesn't exist, I can't see it.

                Tuc/TTSG Internet Services, Inc.