Re: filter procmail list into Pine folder

2001-11-12 17:18:41
At 20:33 2001-11-12 +0000, gjt did say:
# move the procmail mailing list to a folder
:0
* ^Sender: (_dot_)*-procmail(_at_)lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE
IN-procmail-list

Won't match, perhaps because the Sender header looks like this:
        Sender: procmail-admin(_at_)Lists(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)DE

* ^Sender:(_dot_)*procmail-admin(_at_)Lists\(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen\(_dot_)DE

:0
* TO_*procmail(_at_)informatik(_dot_)RWTH-Aachen(_dot_)de
IN-procmail-list

Won't match, for two reasons that spring to mind right away:

Should be ^TO_, not TO_

The procmail list has several submission addresses, including the one I use, because that's the one in the procmail code:

        procmail-users(_at_)procmail(_dot_)org

Thus, if you're going to match the recipients, you'll need to deal with watching for the different list addresses. HOWEVER, if you're subscribed to the list, you should be receiving copies from the listserv, which would match a properly written Sender: check above -- anything left would be CC's to you (or crossposts to OTHER lists you're on).

However, all the "list" mail ends up in my default in-box. Point me in the
right direciton please?

My standard advice: if something isn't working, set VERBOSE=ON, and check the logs. Even if it doesn't tell you HOW to fix it, you'll usually know WHY it isn't matching, and armed with that, it's a lot easier to figure out what to change.

Also, you can take an individual message and pump it into a copy of your rule in a "sandbox" testing environment. See the URL in my .sig.