parsing table

2002-07-11 03:54:48
I've got this in my .procmailrc:

  section_list = "{ ENV : PRE : SPECIAL : HEADERS : MY_DOMAINS : \
                    WHITELISTS : SPAM : VIRUS : VACATION }"

And this in an INCLUDERC ($NL has been set to a new line):

-------------
# logs what rc section we're leaving/entering

 :0  # if SECTION is undefined or null, set it
     * SECTION ?? ^^^^
     * section_list ?? () \/[^ ]+
   { SECTION = $MATCH }

 :0  # find next section so we can log our position in the rc
     * $ section_list ?? () $SECTION : \/[^ ]+
   { NEWSECTION = $MATCH }

 LOG = "$NL  : We're exiting Section $SECTION $NL"
 LOG = "  : We're entering Section $NEWSECTION $NL"

 SECTION = $NEWSECTION
-------------

I expected the line-break not to be a problem, but it is.
I don't understand why, nor do I see an easy way to fix
it.  I don't want the line to be so long, is all.
I've used a self-made table before that had line breaks,
and it worked fine.  I don't really see what the difference
is that causes this one not to work.  It gets stuck
at the last entry on the first line and keeps repeating it.

Here, from my log:

       : We're exiting Section ENV
       : We're entering Section PRE

       : We're exiting Section PRE
       : We're entering Section SPECIAL

       : We're exiting Section SPECIAL
       : We're entering Section HEADERS

       : We're exiting Section HEADERS
       : We're entering Section MY_DOMAINS

       : We're exiting Section MY_DOMAINS

--
Dallman Ross

"If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably does not lead to
anywhere."
        Thoughts of Rev. Sunnan Kubose, from _Zen in the Markets_