RE: parsing table

2002-07-11 13:44:24
|   section_list = "{ ENV : PRE : SPECIAL : HEADERS : MY_DOMAINS : \
|                     WHITELISTS : SPAM : VIRUS : VACATION }"

Seriously, what does

 LOG=`echo "$section_list" | cat -v`

generate?  Apparently within quotes like that, procmail
doesn't strip leading whitespace, and your options are
writing continuation lines flush left or (as you did)
allowing for more than one space character.

Bingo!

 { [. . .] HEADERS : MY_DOMAINS :                     WHITELISTS [. . .]

I've changed my condition now again to something more efficient:

     * $ section_list ?? () $SECTION : *\/[^ ]+

Thanks, David.

--
Dallman Ross

"If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably does not lead to
anywhere."
        Thoughts of Rev. Sunnan Kubose, from _Zen in the Markets_