Re: bad clams?

2002-07-28 18:26:53
ffleet wrote,

| Being able to run a test
| condition against a specific message sample would, I should think, be very
| handy not only for debugging an RC; but also for building them.

That's what Sean talks about when he speaks of sandboxes: a safe environment
that won't affect the outside world nor be affected by it.

You can, at the least, feed a problematic message back to procmail at the
shell prompt, perhaps specifying a test rcfile, just the way you fed it to
grep.

| (Unless this "MATCH" business will be helpful - it's now
| been implemented - just waiting for a hit so I can see what the log says.)

Rather than waiting for Prince Charming to show up -- or Prince Harming, since
you're looking for villains rather than heroes here -- give same old frog
another smooch (with lots of tongue; you know you'll get it from the frog):
that is, as I'd put it during the week, feed the same message that got caught
before back to procmail from the shell prompt (or by mailing it to yourself)
and see, with a verbose logfile and Sean's suggestion to extract the matching
text (as I modified it), which part of the expression caught it.