Re: bad clams?

2002-07-28 19:49:38
On Sun, 28 Jul 2002, David W. Tamkin wrote:

ffleet wrote,

| Being able to run a test
| condition against a specific message sample would, I should think, be very
| handy not only for debugging an RC; but also for building them.

That's what Sean talks about when he speaks of sandboxes: a safe environment
that won't affect the outside world nor be affected by it.

I looked at the sandbox thing.  I'm relatively new to linux.  I can drop
to root and restart sendmail.  Other than that I leave it alone.

*Most* of what was in the reference was totally greek to me.  Given some
time, I could probably work most of it out; but I don't want to do that
much testing.

You can, at the least, feed a problematic message back to procmail at the
shell prompt, perhaps specifying a test rcfile, just the way you fed it to
grep.

OK, this has possibilities except I have no clue about the syntax.  If
it's one of the "synopsis" lines at the top of the procmail man pages,
it's got to be the one using -m.

The message that got misrouted is in a text file called "message."

$ procmail * ()\/bk.ru message
or
$ procmail -m ()\/bk.ru message (doesn't look like the -m synopsis)
or
$ procmail "bk.ru" message

?????

Everything I've tried at the command line results in a complaint about ()
or causes procmail to wander off into cyberspace.

I won't go into what I don't understand about the \/ - MATCH business.
I'll just wait for one of the villians to come along.

Thanks for the help,
                                - fleet -