Re: Identifying HTML email (for conversion)

2003-02-06 14:14:34
On 04 Feb 03, Holger Wahlen (H(_dot_)Wahlen(_at_)gmx(_dot_)de) wrote:
I haven't done any testing, but I don't think you should include
"multipart" there if you're going to use lynx for the conversion. I
can't imagine getting decent results from sending an entire multipart
message to lynx - does that really work for you?

Isn't your lynx able to read from standard input? That would make the
temporary file and the locking unnecessary.

Not being too good with procmail, I was using a recipe picked off a
procmail webpage somewhere. I've now simplified the conversion down to

:0 BH
*  ^Content-Type.*html|\
   HTML
{
    :0 fbw
    | formail -a X-Converted-by: procmail and lynx

    :0 fbw
    | lynx -dump -stdin
}

which works fine for html-only messages, but not combined text and
html messages (and presumably other combined formats) the whole body
gets sent through lynx which tends to look rather confusing:

   --------------000408030305010002070302 Content-Type: text/plain;
   charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
   dual
   format google www.google.com/>
   --------------000408030305010002070302
   7bit dual format   [1]google