Re: Spurious bounce message when using procmail with Exim

2003-02-14 09:05:39
On Thu, 13 Feb 2003, Professional Software Engineering wrote:

At 11:15 2003-02-13 -0800, Andrew Kelley did say:
<snip>
Any thoughts on how I can avoid these bounce messages? I've tried a couple
of .forward permutations, with no luck.

General hint:  assign LOGFILE *BEFORE* setting variables which establish
logging, otherwise the initial logging goes to STDERR.  I bet Exim has a
problem with seeing info on stderr...

This was precisely the problem.  Thanks for the help.

I pointed this very same thing out to someone else on this list just this
past week.

I apologize for the duplicative question.  I recently resubscribed to
this list after a lengthy hiatus, and I didn't see this question in the
FAQ.

Andrew