Re: Procmail Questions.

2003-02-25 18:10:29
On Mon, 24 Feb 2003 17:10:31 -0800, multimedia-fan(_at_)myrealbox(_dot_)com
wrote:

Hi.

If this was discussed before or is very simple, I apologize in advance,
I am still learning.

Is there a procmail recipe that I can use to exclude email sent from
local users to local users (inbound email) from any procmail filtering?

For example any email sent from *(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)tld to
*(_at_)mydomain(_dot_)tld will be
excluded from any filtering?

I know that is not a good idea, but I have user's emails sometimes
filtered because they matched one of the rules in the recipes.

I would like to thank all who responded, your expert opinion is always
valuable.

I apologize for not detailing my setup.

Server is Red Hat Linux 7.2 dedicated hosting remotely with a large ISP.

The following were pre-installed.

Sendmail 8.11.6
procmail v3.21

Procmail was configured as the local agent.
My ISP left a sample procmailrc file in /etc that I used to for global
filtering.

The main usage was for spam filtering.

I don't know how to add a recipe that stops other filters (excuse me if
this is a basic RTFM thing), and from what I have read in the responses
so far, I need to probably add a unique header to distinguish the local
users from forged email addresses, and then check against that in the
recipe, or use regexp to do something like.

* ^From:[^(_at_)]*$ [A-Za-z0-9]+([ * ! @]|@myserver.com)

Did I I get this right?

Thank you again for all the help.