Re: Getting fetchmail work with procmail

2003-05-01 16:17:48
On Fri, 02 May 2003 00:14:16 +0200 Eduard Warkentin
<mailinglist(_at_)ew-net(_dot_)de> wrote:

I've vonfigred sendmail to run procmail as MDA, which invokes
SpamAssassin for every incoming mail.

This works pretty fine, but only for mail that is directly send to the
server's domain. Since I'm also using fetchmail, I want that mail to be
"procmailed" (and though checked and marked by SpamAssassin) too.

I've read the man pages, and added the "-m /usr/bin/procmail -d %T" to my
fetchmail cron job, but the result is not very satisfying. In the log

Remove the -m from fetchmail. By default fetchmail will deliver directly to
sendmail and sendmail should process the messages just as if they had come
in to the system via a regular SMTP delivery.

-m is meant to be used if you have no functional MTA or you have a need to
bypass it for some reason.

Gerald V. Livingston II

Configure your Email to send TEXT ONLY -- See the following page:
http://expita.com/nomime.html

'74 Kombi (to be renamed - LifeSaver doesn't 'feel' right)
'69 Type 1 - AirBall the Rolling Basket Case
http://www.phorce1.com
http://www.buskatiers.org