Re: Executing external cmds via procmail

2003-05-07 09:09:45
On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 05:18:47PM +0200, Dallman Ross wrote:

The lockfile should go on the delivering message, not on the
nested brace set.

      :0
      # whatever
      {
              :0 bwc:
              file

              :0 hi  # no lockfile here
              | program arg
      }

No the lock file should go on the wrapper, because we don't know if
changing 'file' while 'program' is running will screw things up.  (If we
knew that 'program' could handle appends, we could do it your way.)

--
  Paul Chvostek
<paul(_at_)it(_dot_)ca>