Filtering Yahoo! groups using $MATCH on subject line

2003-05-27 13:32:50
Alright another newbie question:

I searched the archives for this, but couldnt find a good answer.

Given the numerous Yahoo! groups that Im subscribed to, I want to match
only the [.*] portion of the Subject line and file it accordingly.

I have a few filters already in place, but I want to throw this in a
catchall.

I was looking at MATCH in procmailrc file and it mentions that everything
to the right of the \/ is captured.  Sounds like greedy pattern matching
to me.

Is there any way to stop the MATCH short of eoln?  Im thinking if I place
(a) extra character(s) after \/, it will stop matching.  Am I correct in
this assumption?

Here's a quick example of what my filter may look like, though I doubt
it's 100% accurate.

:0
* ^(To|Cc):(_dot_)*(_at_)yahoogroups\(_dot_)com
{
 # Subjects usually start off with "[groupname] subject title" (without quotes)
 * ^Subject:.[\/]
 $LASTFOLDER=$MATCH
}

Thanks ahead of time.