Re: Filtering Yahoo! groups using $MATCH on subject line

2003-05-27 14:06:14
Twas brillig, and Birl scrobe:
Given the numerous Yahoo! groups that Im subscribed to, I want to match
only the [.*] portion of the Subject line and file it accordingly.

I have a few filters already in place, but I want to throw this in a
catchall.

Here's a quick example of what my filter may look like, though I doubt
it's 100% accurate.

:0
* ^(To|Cc):(_dot_)*(_at_)yahoogroups\(_dot_)com
{
 # Subjects usually start off with "[groupname] subject title" (without
quotes)
 * ^Subject:.[\/]
 $LASTFOLDER=$MATCH
}

Here's what I use for Yahoo Groups mail:

  # Generic yahoogroups digest handler
  :0
  { DIGEST_MBOX = $MATCH }

Where 'aaaaa', etc. are substituted for the groups I subscribe to.

--
Wesley Hart

        You can't spell 'Whole berry treats' without 'Robert Wesley Hart'.