Volunteers needed for new web site

2003-10-18 21:40:46
On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 08:47:14AM -0700, Mark Lentczner wrote:

| On Saturday, October 18, 2003, at 12:05  AM, Meng Weng Wong wrote:
| >this is almost complete.
|
| First off, a big thanks!  I think SPF is long overdue and I'm really
| grateful that you are all putting in so much time and energy into this.

If anyone is familiar with Mason and would like to help update the
website to match the new version, please contact me off-list;
I especially need help with a new dns.html configurator tool.

I envision a configurator that looks like:

1)  My domain [___________] sends mail from:

       [  ] its MX servers

       [  ] other servers besides the MX servers

2) The other servers [ are / are not ] grouped under some other MX record.

3) If they are not grouped under some other MX record,
   their names [ always / don't always ] end in the domain name.

etc.

And at the end of the process it gives you "v=spf1 a mx ptr default=softdeny"

A validator tool would be nice, too, where you set up a pretend set of
records and then you get a special email address; send mail to that
address from your domain, and you're told if that message would have
passed SPF.

Latest draft at http://spf.pobox.com/draft-mengwong-spf-02.txt