Re: Fw: Re: SPF advocacy

2004-01-26 15:24:13
Thanks Simon!  I am posting this to the SPF list so that Ming, or someone
else on the list, can get you the necessary patch info.

Folks, I have been using Simon's Postfix RPM for RedHat a couple of years
and they have been very stable.  In fact, I believe that the Postfix RPMs
included with current versions of RedHat are based on Simon's RPM package.

The nice thing about Simon's RPM packages is that he has supported many
additional feature (see below) that Wietse has, for whatever reason, decided
not to build into Postfix.  He is willing to look at including SPF as well,
so please provide him with whatever he needs to make this happen.

Thanks,

Bill

----- Original Message -----
From: "Simon J Mudd" <sjmudd(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com>
To: "Bill Landry" <BillL(_at_)Pointshare(_dot_)com>
Cc: "Simon J Mudd" <sjmudd(_at_)pobox(_dot_)com>
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2004 11:39 AM
Subject: Re: Fw: [spf-discuss] Re: SPF advocacy

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004, Bill Landry wrote:

Simon, I know that you maintain alternate Postfix RPM build packages
that
support features that Wietse is not currently willing to add to Postfix.
Features like SASL, TLS, LDAP, and others, are a great add-on service
that
you provide.  Would you be willing to also include an RPM build option
supporting SPF (see below)?

I have been running SPF on a different platform for about 6 weeks, and
it
has run very well and helped to block forged sender e-mail messages.  It
would really be nice to have an RPM maintainer that would be willing to
include SPF as a build option.

I know that there is interest in using it, and also there are a group of
users who  think it is the wrong solution.  Spam is a problem and it may
or may not help according to a variety of factors.

I have not looked at the changes that would be involved, but if they are
straightforward and easy to include as an option I'd certainly be willing
to add a POSTFIX_SPF=1 type option if you need that.

That said it would help if you gave me something to work with as I'm quite
busy at the moment. A few pointers may well be sufficient.

Regards,

Simon

Wiki:
http://spfwiki.infinitepenguins.net/pmwiki.php/SenderPermittedFrom/HomePage