Re: Wildcat! SPF Support

2004-12-16 22:18:18
Semantics.  I understand your point completely, however, you might have
missed my point.

WCSMTP is a single exe system with a multi-threaded Receiver, Router, and
Sendmail system system.   The same is true for MS exchange.

The receiver "personality" is

    MTA - if the mail is non-local
    MDA - if the mail is local

I believe this is the common "semantics" used in the SMTP world.

The received mail is queued for the router who makes the final decision to:

   For Remote Domains - Queue it for the send mail worker thread
   For Local Domains -  Queued for our independent GATEWAY processor

Our GATEWAY (wcMAIL) imports/exports the mail into/from the user's bin.

My point?

Why would you go into such details simply to catalog what "SMTP
servers/products" support SPF?

If we are going to say "MTA" for some, then you need to do it for ALL. MS
Exchange is a MTA just like the rest.

Anyway, thanks. I really don't care.  But it doesn't make sense to make such
a distinction unless Meng et al are doing so for "marketing promotion"
reasons.    Like I said, if you going to break down the protocols, how they
work, what part of the 3 basic parts of an complete SMTP server it works,
then that's another story. :-)

Sincerely,

Hector Santos, CTO
Santronics Software, Inc.