Re: Council: Choosing a SPF domain name trustee

2005-06-18 08:47:04

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005, Julian Mehnle wrote:

Wayne Schlitt wrote:
One thought is maybe asking some trusted organization to hold the
domain name.  For example, the apache foundation, or SPI (the debian
holding corp), or someone.

This is an interesting idea.  Any of those organizations would probably
have to discuss the issue within its own circles first, though.  Any
comments?

This is a good plan. Apache Foundation is probably my preference of the
two because of spamassasin and its interest in SPF. Plus Daniel Quinlan
did try to negotiate on better license with MS on our behalf before and he was at FTC before and so is more familiar with SPF project needs.

--
William Leibzon
Elan Networks