Re: Explain please (Was: SPF Stats)

2005-07-06 08:48:29
On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 04:42:59PM +0100, David Woodhouse wrote:

No. Again you miss the point. The forwarding sites have nothing to do
with _either_ the sending or receiving domains. The admin at my ISP has
_no_ way of knowing how many of the thousands of forwarding services out
there may be forwarding to his users.

No David, you are (still) missing the point.

1. The forwarding site _is_ the sending domain.
2. The forwarding site has, indeed, nothing to do with my domain
   so therefore is mustn't use my name in the envelope. It is
   sending so it uses its name as the sender.

Don't bother to reply with your usual attitude. I'm going to
roll back my spamassassin filter again.  You still haven't
learned anything both on the technical level and the social level.

Alex