Re: Re: Forwading/Redirecting: The problem as I see it....

2005-07-06 16:32:06
On Thu, Jul 07, 2005 at 01:16:56AM +0200, Frank Ellermann wrote:

If senders don't want their email forwarded then they
shouldn't send email to anyone who will forward it.

Amen, 551 is beautiful, even in its SPF-FAIL "emulation", bye

Frank,

Tony is under the impression that you (and I, and the rest of
the world) know when an email we send is going to be forwarded.
I don't see how that's going to be possible. I also don't see
how "551" can help here, perhaps you mean "251" ?

"mail from: <me(_at_)example(_dot_)net>
 250 OK
 rcpt to: <tony(_at_)example(_dot_)org>
 251 Will forward this using sender address <me(_at_)example(_dot_)net>
 quit
 221 Bye
"

where quit means "never mind, if you don't want to obey my
sender policy then you don't need to receive my mail".

I think I'm going to let this topic rest in peace for a while.

Forwarders just don't want to hear my opinion as it means more
work for them.  The rest of the world also doesn't seem to care
as they don't have a problem.  If one small group doesn't want
to discuss this and the other, larger group doesn't need to, then
we can indeed close this topic.

Alex