RE: Forwading/Redirecting: The problem as I see it....

2005-07-07 15:26:45
On Thu, 7 Jul 2005, Seth Goodman wrote:

A harvested reverse-path is only marginally useful for current bulk
spamming practice.  However, it is extremely useful for someone who
wants to impersonate me.  That is why BATV and (original) SES are
great for blocking forged mail, but no good for authentication.

A harvested SES return path protects a body hash that will not match any

That's why I said "original" SES.  The one with validation limits, but
no body hash.  I know about the new body hash version.  It is a
good idea, but too complex for me at present.  I don't want to deal with
getting correct body hashes just yet.