Re: Re: Council Meeting 10 July 2005, 6pm EST

2005-07-08 00:18:51
--"william(at)elan.net" <william(_at_)elan(_dot_)net> wrote:
And as I point out the decision on who holds domain goes beyond just
being a decision about the website and has deeper implications. You need
to decide on official project trustee for such intellectual and physical
assets until project can itself become legal entity and do it.

I don't necessarily agree with this, but it's not me holding any of the various domains. The council is not a legal entity, so the decision it makes has no "legal" standing. Hence I assume that "official" means "as official as the council itself is" and has no meaning in any legal context.

How about this as an interim idea. Whoever holds the domain(s) now can either keep holding them, or transfer them to Julian, if the current holder trusts Julian.

I tend to agree with Chuck, that things need to get done and the council has to delegate and extend some level of trust, or nothing is ever going to get done. The council cannot do everything SPF needs done, especially if consensus is demanded at every point along the timeline.