Re: SPF spec status: in the RFC Editor's queue

2005-07-08 23:36:06
wayne wrote:

See:  http://www.rfc-editor.org/queue.html

You can go right to the point where it is:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/queue.html#schlitt-spf-classic

I'm not sure if the 2.5 week delay is normal, or if it
indicates some problems that I don't know about.

IIRC two weeks, Mr. Hardie had to formulate the IESG note.
IMHO perfectly normal, we're all waiting for some appeals.

I am not expecting the trip through the RFC Editor's
queue to be quick.

LOL.  The oldest in "our" part of the queue is 2002-01-09.

SPF has to wait for 2234bis at best.  But it can be quick,
IIRC Paul's gopher and telnet URL needed only a few weeks.

                       Bye, Frank