xsl-list

Re: Transform XML

2003-04-30 09:34:04
Hello, I need to take the following XML and transform
it into something
quite simpler, this might be the result:

<?xml version="1.0">
<FLDS>
    <FLD name="orig_fld_name"/>
    <FLD name="orig_fld_name"/>
    <FLD name="orig_fld_name"/>
    <FLD name="orig_fld_name"/>
</FLDS>

Now, I get how to loop through the following XML, and
all that jazz... but I
need help setting up the template so that I can write
back XML.  As in:  how
do you write XML tags (nodes), can you prefix them?  I
have set the XSL
output to "XML", is there some sort of copy command.
Thanks!
Karl

What I have to work with is a persisted ADOXML
Recordset, and it looks like
this:

Go ahead and send 20% of you paycheck to Rob Rohan...
hehehehe

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!--
        File:
        Purpose:
-->
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
        xmlns:s="uuid:BDC6E3F0 6DA3 11d1 A2A3 00AA00C14882"
        exclude-result-prefixes="s xsl"

        <xsl:output method="xml" indent="yes"
encoding="UTF-8"/>

        <xsl:template match="/">
        <FLDS>
                <xsl:apply-templates />
        </FLDS>
        </xsl:template>

        <xsl:template
match="/xml/s:Schema/s:ElementType/s:AttributeType">
        <xsl:element name="FLD">
                <xsl:attribute name="name">
                        <xsl:value-of select="@name" />
                </xsl:attribute>