xsl-list

RE: silly (c) symbol. How to get © in output ?

2003-04-24 15:59:23
Write & # 1 6 9 ; (without the spaces) in the stylesheet.

If it displays wrong in the browser or anywhere else, that's because
there's a mismatch between the actual encoding of the output file and
the encoding that the browser or other software is expecting. Either
select a different encoding (using xsl:output), or change your browser
(etc) configuration.

Don't even try to use disable-output-escaping. You don't understand it,
and people who do understand it know that you hardly ever need it.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael(_dot_)H(_dot_)Kay(_at_)ntlworld(_dot_)com
work: Michael(_dot_)Kay(_at_)softwareag(_dot_)com

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
[mailto:owner-xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com] On Behalf Of
malcolm macaulay
Sent: 24 April 2003 21:29
To: xsl-list(_at_)lists(_dot_)mulberrytech(_dot_)com
Subject: Re: [xsl] silly (c) symbol. How to get © in output ?

In my previous post the first example was supposed to use
#169; with little
ampersand in the front.

cheers

Malcolm

Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 08:18:32 +1200

I'm having a lot of trouble getting *©* (the copyright
system) to
output.

I know this problem has been explained before but I can't find the
thread
which has a working answer.

I'm getting this:

<xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">©</xsl:text> gives
the actual
(c)
symbol in the HTML doc which looks like this: © in the
browser but look OK
in XMLSpy.

<xsl:text>&copy;</xsl:text> gives an undefined entity error.

<xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&copy;</xsl:text> gives an
undefined entity error.

I'm using Saxon 7.4. My first born to anyone who can put me out of my
misery.

TIA

cheers

Malcolm S-)