Re: [dkim-ops] DKIM key management?

2009-03-18 09:54:11
On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 09:46:57PM -0700, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
On Mon, 17 Mar 2009, John Levine wrote:
Do MTAs with DKIM support include key management, or do people use
separate packages like dkim-connector?  And how do you get the public
keys into the DNS?

Our open source package includes a script whose output is a private key
file in PEM format (which is the format our DKIM filter wants) as well as
the public key formatted into a TXT record for easy inclusion into zone
files.

We don't have any management tools for inserting that data into the DNS or
managing such for users at this point but it's something we've considered.

we are not doing DKIM yet, but the issues are the same for DK. Public
keys are entered via whatever means the client has available to them.
Being a 3rd party, I'd doubt our clients would allow automatic updates.

--
Jeff Macdonald
jmacdonald(_at_)e-dialog(_dot_)com