Re: [dkim-ops] Yahoo/BellSouth configuration

2009-08-26 16:33:37
-----Original Message-----
From: John R Levine [mailto:johnl(_at_)taugh(_dot_)com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 12:57 PM
To: Murray S. Kucherawy
Cc: dkim-ops(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
Subject: RE: [dkim-ops] Yahoo/BellSouth configuration

I don't agree that this is the right action in all cases, nor that
"can't be verified" includes transient DNS errors.

But this isn't a transient DNS error.  The authoritative answer from
bellsouth.net is that there's no such key, because they forgot to
install
it.  I tried sending myself a message from my BT Internet account,
which
is also handled by Yahoo.  It's key is s1024._domainkey.btinternet.com,
which does exist.

I guess it's a matter of preference, as I'd rather defer on NXDOMAIN and try at
least once more if for example the key record somehow hasn't propagated yet.

I think we agree on the other cases.