Re: [dkim-ops] Yahoo/BellSouth configuration

2009-08-26 19:17:27
Section 3.5.1 of the design/deployment/ops doc has a step by step
Example Key Deployment Process.

I think it's pretty explicit. Can you think of anything that needs to be
added to that section?

        Tony Hansen
        tony(_at_)att(_dot_)com

John R Levine wrote:
I guess it's a matter of preference, as I'd rather defer on NXDOMAIN and try
at least once more if for example the key record somehow hasn't propagated
yet.

I see your point, but working around the incompetent only encourages them.

If anyone's collecting stuff to put in the next version of the deployment
document, we should encourage people to check that their DNS servers are
serving the key records before using them in outgoing mail.  I install
mine a couple of days ahead, just to be on the safe side.