Re: State of fetchamail 5.6.2 code?

2001-02-08 13:30:08
Larry W. Virden <lvirden(_at_)cas(_dot_)org>:
I grabbed fetchmail 5.6.2 this morning and have been wondering if it is
considered 'stable'.  First of course is being forced to add the 'anti'
kerberos flags on systems where Kerberos is no where to be seen.

Next however is all the warnings generated from the code - things like:

"imap.c", line 777: warning: argument #2 is incompatible with prototype:
        prototype: pointer to char : "./fetchmail.h", line 390
        argument : pointer to unsigned char

Dozens of these are being seen.

I also see:

"rpa.c", line 911: warning: empty translation unit

Things _look_ like they are working otherwise - but since there doesn't
seem to be a test suite I just wanted to be certain.

AFAIK this release is stable fore production.  It's warnings-free on my
Linux using GCC.
--

The price of liberty is, always has been, and always will be blood.  The person
who is not willing to die for his liberty has already lost it to the first