new Debian fetchmail maintainer

2001-02-11 18:20:24
Hello ESR, fetchmail-friends subscribers,

As some of you may know, Paul Taggart has been short on time to maintain the
Debian packages of fetchmail, so he offered them up for adoption.  I have
adopted the packages, and fetchmail 5.6.3 was uploaded to unstable today.
I'll be uploading the SSL version after I solve some issues with my CVS
tree.

While I only use fetchmail in a very simple configuration, I hope I will be
able to give the packages a bit more attention than what the QA team would
(we're always short on time on debian QA).

Eric, I have not touched the BTS yet, as I do not know if you and Paul had
any sort of special arrangement for dealing with the bug reports filled with
debian.  If you want to arrange anything on that topic, just drop me an
email.  I'll probably start weeding through the BTS reports later this week.

Anyway, I am sure it will be a pleasure to work with you all, and I
apologise in advance for my (sometimes) poorly worded English.

  Henrique Holschuh