failures in daemon mode

2001-02-11 11:29:57
I am running fetchmail 5.0.0 on Linux and have a problem with daemon mode.
I know this is not the latest version, but I can't update it right now.  I
have looked at the FAQ and can't find a discussion of my problem there.

Basically my problem is that fetchmail will terminate in daemon mode under
error conditions that I do not consider to be fatal.   For example,
fetchmail sent me the following error message and terminated in daemon mode:

Fetchmail could not get mail from
goldino(_at_)mail(_dot_)plstn1(_dot_)sfba(_dot_)home(_dot_)com(_dot_)

The attempt to get authorization failed.
This probably means your password is invalid.

In this case, the problem is not that my password is invalid.  This is a
transient error on my mail server i.e. it is intermittently rejecting
connections.  In this circumstance, I would like fetchmail to just go back
to sleep and try again at the next polling interval (5 mins) instead of
exiting.  I do not see any configuration options related to retries in
daemon mode.  Can you tell me if there is a way to have fetchmail ignore
errors such as these and just continue polling rather than terminating?

Thank you.
Robin Goldstone
goldino(_at_)home(_dot_)com