Re: failures in daemon mode

2001-02-11 15:11:37
The Goldinos <goldino(_at_)home(_dot_)com>:
In this case, the problem is not that my password is invalid.  This is a
transient error on my mail server i.e. it is intermittently rejecting
connections.  In this circumstance, I would like fetchmail to just go back
to sleep and try again at the next polling interval (5 mins) instead of
exiting.  I do not see any configuration options related to retries in
daemon mode.  Can you tell me if there is a way to have fetchmail ignore
errors such as these and just continue polling rather than terminating?

Upgrade.  Recent versions do something very like this.
--

The common argument that crime is caused by poverty is a kind of
slander on the poor.