Re: Fetchmail doesn't seem to save mail locally

2001-02-14 01:55:33
From: Praveen Srinivasan <praveens(_at_)stanford(_dot_)edu>

Hi,
I'm using fetchmail-5.6.0 (self-compiled, with "./configure
--with-kerberos=/usr/athena"), and using kpop to check my mail. Fetchmail
seems to be able check for messages :

[praveens(_at_)praveen fetchmail-5.6.0]$ /usr/local/bin/fetchmail
1 message for praveens at pobox5.stanford.edu (1725 octets).
reading message 1 of 1 (1725 octets) . flushed

But nothing appears in /var/spool/mail/praveens (my username is praveens); is there somewhere else I should be looking? Also, could you cc me since i'm not
on the list?

Have you tried looking at the logs for your mail server (smtp.stanford.edu) to see what happens? Fetchmail has done it's work and delivered it, hence the flushed message.

Rob