Is Fetchmail the solution to my problem ?

2001-02-15 22:44:42
Hi all, first post so please excuse the lack of detail.

Heres my problem:

I have two mailservers that use the D{logall} sendmail variable, essentially saving a copy of all mail inbound and outbound to one administration mailbox.

What i want to do, is have fetchmail collect these mails and transfer then to a third "multi-drop" mailbox on another server.

My Problems are twofold.

1) My machine rejects email from FETCHMAIL-DAEMON(_at_)localhost(_dot_)
Now i have read and understood the FAQ regarding FEATURE(allow_unqualified_senders) but as these machines have in the past (read: before i got here) been used by spammers i had to lock them down tightly to disallow third party relays. Is there another way around this?

2) More of an inquisative question, Why is the FETCHMAIL-DAEMON kicking in ? When i test the mail boxes everything is going OK, it collects and delivers locally with no problem. When i start a real run, i get errors.

Heres a c&p of my .fetchmailrc:

set postmaster "admin-(_at_)domain(_dot_)com"
set nobouncemail
set properties ""
set daemon 600
poll mailserver.domain.com localdomains .com .net .org
       user admin with password <pass> to admin * here

If anyone can help, i would much appreciate it.

cheers

Karl